11/07/2008

Scum Sucking Frauds!

Okay so it's been some time since I started a good rant so here goes. I know things are crazy in this world and trust me, I'm not the most trusting soul when it comes to people I don't know personally but here is what happened to me.

I recently started selling products of a very well known beauty business (which for some reason they won't let me use their name unless it's in my title). So here I am getting new customers, meeting lots of new people, having a fantastic time. I decide to open on online store with this company. I set up the store and email account and things start rolling. I have a great response all things considering for my first month. Then the other day I get an email from someone who happened to have the same name as a woman I used to work with.

This email was asking me to process an order for 100 bottles of perfume for this person and then have the shippment sent to me. They would then pay by credit card to me personally and send me shipping labels to have the items shipped to their "client" at a different address.

At first I thought this was great and since I knew the person I was excited. Well, after a double check with the person I used to work with (just because I was curious because things just seemed weird with this order) I found out it was not her. So I emailed this customer back and told them they could place this order online at my store and have the items sent directly to a different address. They still emailed and wanted me to get the orders shipped to me and pay me.... MAJOR red flags here. So I had to get a bit more forceful in my last response just a moment ago and let them know that I would not process an order via an email from someone I did not know. Why would anyone accept credit card orders from someone they had no idea who they were. Yes, this company allows me to process credit cards, but since I don't know the person and do not have access to visible see this credit card, I wouldn't touch this order with a 10 foot pole!

This brings me to my rant - so if any of the Scum Sucking Frauds out there happen upon this blog someday, remember this. You may scam someone but there will be that one person who is smarter than you, and yes, they will find a way to track you down and make you pay for all those people you do scam. I'm on a mission today, I will find a way to report this activity to someone.

If anyone has had this happen to them, please let me know. Lets see what we can do on our end. We have to make this whole wide internet world safe, and if we work at making it great as much as these scam artist do their thing I know we can win this war!

So for right now, keep on keepin' - Out!

No comments: