10/03/2008

Missing a Deceased Person

I am by far sad and full of emotion this morning. As I am missing the person that was more than just a parent to me, but my best friend. I know that saying gets used far more often than it should but in my case I know that she was my best friend. I miss having those momments that everyone takes for granted. The small chats about how our days are, and sometime when the phone rings I still long to hear her voice.

It's been two years since she passed away holding my hand and yet I can close my eyes and still smell her, and feel her cold fingers held tight in my hand. She died of cancer and I'll tell you that it was such a hard ordeal for our entire family to watch. She was so strong for so long and when it finally took complete control over her we watched her go down hill in what now seems like a blink of an eye.

I will do my best to live my life and continue to love those in my family and my fellow man as my mother taught me to love. I will love them all my heart and always be there for them even when it's the hardest thing you could ever ask of yourself.

I know that my being there for my mother made her stronger when she was at her weakest momment as she did not want to leave her family. I also know that she is in a much better place.

Until the next post, keep on keepin' - Out!

No comments: